Membership 2018 = 100 € by Paypal
How to become a member?
If you are interested in applying to become a SOSORT member we are grateful for your interest!
SOSORT, like many other scientific societies, has mandated certain requirements that each applicant must attain to be considered for membership. You must be a professional dedicated to scoliosis conservative treatment and share and respect the SOSORT recommendations for scoliosis treatment. In addition to be eligible for membership to the society you must have attended at least one SOSORT meeting prior
Our membership committee will then evaluate your application.
Applications for new members deadline is on the same day and abstract submission deadline.
If you apply after this deadline, you will be accepted as provisional member, because the committee will need more time to evaluate your position. You'll be voted the next year during the meeting. Please note that to be voted you do not need to be present at that meeting. You need to have already been in a SOSORT meeting before you apply or before being voted by the assembby of SOSORT members.
We look forward to your application.
The SOSORT Membership Committee.
To maintain membership, each Member has to pay an annual fee to support the Society. The fee is 100 euros; they were not included in the SOSORT meeting fees. You can pay with credit card, PayPal or at the following bank account:
Bank Account: International Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment
Dear Scoliosis expert,
Advantages of membership
- As active members of SOSORT you are able to vote members into the Board as well as Active members.
Material for your facility
You will receive upon your payment
Discount for Meetings
- SOSORT Meetings
- Web Site
- As a member of SOSORT - your name and business can be listed on the SOSORT.org website
- Members only access to current literature, and additional material on the non-operative management of spinal deformity
- Our newsletter comes via email and will serve as an update on any material, news, literature update that might be of interest to practitioner
We also offer a more general newsletter discussing the foundations of non-operative management to the layperson
- As a member your opinions matter, and we would appreciate your input in developing a SOSORT consensus
This is an incredible opportunity to go and observe closely the amazing work done and learn more about the non-operative management of spinal deformity. Please contact the sites directly at the emails listed below
As a member of SOSORT you are an eligible candidate for the SOSORT Award. This award is given each year to a paper that demonstrates extraordinary work in the area of the non-operative management of spinal deformity. The awards consists of a publication in SOSORT’s Official Journal of Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders. In order to be qualified for this award, one of the authors on the paper has to be a SOSORT member.
SOSORT Membership Categories
- Active members are medical doctors, physiotherapists, orthotists, researchers, chiropractors and other professionals actively involved in scientific research on non-operative management or prevention of scoliosis and other spinal deformities, and have published this research in the journal Scoliosis and Spinal Disorders.
- Associate members are medical doctors, physiotherapists, orthotists, researchers, chiropractors and other professionals actively dealing with scoliosis and other spinal deformities who participated in a SOSORT meeting but who have not yet published in Scoliosis.
- Supportive members are patients, patient's relatives or anybody dealing with scoliosis and other spinal deformities promoting the society with their donations.
- Honorary members, discharged from any duty, are active members reaching retirement or becoming disabled. Any associated member or other distinguished people in the field could be also nominated for Honorary member by the Executive Committee and elected by the General Assembly for their special contribution to the Society.
- Provisional members are medical doctors, physiotherapists, orthotists, researchers, chiropractors and other professionals actively involved in scientific research on non-operative management or prevention of scoliosis and other spinal deformities, who applied after the deadline, and will be voted as members during the next SOSORT Meeting. They have the same rights and duties of Active and Associate members, but their application is still under the review of the SOSORT Membership Committee to evaluate their eligibility.